- Kerala matta Rice, also known as Rosematta rice has bold grains and is grown in the fields of Palakkad district of Kerala.
- It is mostly consumed in Kerala and Karnataka. Sri Lanka also uses Kerala Matta Rice as idlies , plain rice and other food items.
- It is traditionally double-cooked as it has a lengthy cooking time and requires addition of extra water.
- Consumption of Kerala Matta Rice proves to be healthy for the body as compared to the other variety of rice.
- Along with its unique taste, Kerala Matta Rice is believed to have several health benefits over white rice.